Stallholder Guidelines, Terms & Conditions
How to book a casual stall
To book a casual stall please firstly read the following “guidelines” so you know your obligations before you attend.
Next, click here – online casual booking form and submit form 2-4 weeks before each market (held 3rd Saturday of every month)
All stallholders start as casual and can apply for permanent status after 12 months regular attendance.
If there are a few similar products already at the market, you will be placed on a waiting list.
We are at capacity with food and electricity, but sometimes permanent stallholders cancel, so please send your booking form and we will advise asap.
Locals are booked into market first and if there is room, people from out of town will be accepted.
LOCAL artisans, craftspeople and fresh produce are encouraged to apply.
The Manager reserves the right to relocate stallholders if required.
- Once you have submitted your casual online booking form you should receive an automatic notification advising we have received your booking. Note: If you don’t get this it means your booking did not go through, so please try again and if it still doesn’t work please email asap to advise.
- Your booking will be processed and you will be advised by the BCM Manager:
- Unsuccessful application: You will be notified accordingly by the BCM Manager
- Successful application: The Manager will send you an official email with:
- Instructions and site number. Please reply to this email confirming you received and all good.
- Give site number to Section Coordinator upon entry.
Gate Times, queuing, accessing the park & setting up your stall
Queueing, Accessing the Park & Setting up your stall
- It’s vital you remain quiet when lining up early in mornings to consider local residents.
- Park close to your stall to allow other cars to pass if required
- Quickly unpack and drive out again, parking a couple of streets away so customers can park closer.
- Always drive slowly when in park and never drive on football oval.
- Set up is a busy time of morning and with your patience and consideration it can be done calmly, quickly and effectively.
- BCM management reserve the right to relocate casual stallholders to another site/section if required.
Unless advised you are running late (via market mobile) sites not occupied by 7.30am may be reallocated to another stallholder.
Gates open for setup – 6.30am to 8am
- Permanent stallholders from 6.30am (unless by prior arrangement)
- Casual stallholders from 6.45am Please queue at the street & gate advised in confirmation email
Gates open for pack up – 2.30pm -4.30pm
- NO cars permitted prior to 2.30pm
- You are welcome to walk your gear out if wanting to leave earlier.
- If it is raining or very hot with not many people around we may open gates earlier. Coordinators will advise.
Important Note: All stalls to vacate park by 4.30pm at the absolute latest as gates will be locked.
Fees are collected from 10am-11am on market day
We would appreciate you having the correct money on the day
Permanent site fees are paid one (1) month in advance and are non refundable.
If you don’t have insurance you can purchase for $10. This excludes food, skin and massage which need their own 20M products and liability insurance.
Permanent Site Insured Traders Uninsured Traders 2 Metre $27 $37 3 Metre $33 $43 Over 3 metres $8 per metre Casual Site Insured Traders Uninsured Traders 2 Metre $33 $43 3 Metre $41 $51 Over 3 metres $8 per metre Cold FOOD SITES $13 extra on above rates Hot FOOD SITES: (Perm) 2 Metre $36 $55 3 Metre $52 $72 4 Metre $66 $84 5 Metre $84 $102 6 Metre $99 $117 7 Metre $116 $132 Electricity $17 extra per power outlet * Conditions apply Bona Fide Charities 1/2 price of the above
During the current Covid Health Pandemic there is a $5 Covid levy applied to all stalls to allow us to provide additional Covid Marshalls and infrastructure requirements.
Please abide by directives from market staff when in market, on entry and when leaving. They are there to help you and need your cooperation.
- No vehicle movements in the park between 8am and 2.30pm (emergency vehicles exceptions apply)
- All vehicles to be removed from park prior to 8am unless by prior arrangement
- Speed limit restricted to walking pace only
- No vehicles to drive onto football field.
- Keep parking around the Market perimeter clear for Market visitors.
- BCM management reserve the right to deny access to any vehicle to the park
Important Note: All vehicles to vacate park by 4.30pm at the absolute latest as gates will be locked.
- All stallholders must provide a current Public Liability Insurance certificate to operate a stall at BCM.
- Uninsured traders can obtain an insured site with an additional levy of $10 per market, this does not apply to:
- All food, soap, skin products, massage, music and entertainment who must provide their own 20M public and products liability insurance.
Important Note: It is the stallholders responsibility to ensure that they supply and keep current their PLI with the BCM management.
Licences & Covid Plans
- It is the responsibility of the stallholder to provide any required licences or plans for their stall
- Stallholders must carry and clearly display appropriate licences as required by local, state or federal laws were applicable (e.g. food handlers, 2nd hand Dealers License, etc)
- All stalls must have a Covid operating plan in place where applicable
Stalls subject are to random checks from various authorities including: Dept. of Agriculture, Water and Environment, Office of Fair Trading, Bellingen Shire Council, Health Dept. BCM Management etc.
Please ensure you comply with NSW Health Requirements
Licences & Covid Operating Plans
- All operators must provide the necessary insurances and licences to trade at the BCM.
- A copy must be given to Market Manager prior to attendance.
- Please clearly display all required licences/certificates etc Councils Health Inspector or equivalent authority.
- Random checks from various authorities can be expected.
Plastics, Recyclables & Rubbish
- All traders to use recyclable containers, utensils, cups etc.
- No plastics are to be used at our Market. Periodic checks will be made.
- You are responsible for the removal and disposal of all grey water.
- You are responsible for the removal and disposal of any bulk waste.
- Please dispose of your rubbish in the large skip bins found in C section. Not the public wheelie bins
- Take home any excess rubbish
- Stalls leaving their site littered and with rubbish will be charged a cleaning levy
- Cleaning/Hygiene facilities to be provided.
Electrical & Gas Appliances
- All heating appliances/fryers etc to be out of reach of public.
- All electrical leads must be up off the ground at least 3m. Please use a long pole at end of your stall to prop up leads going to switchboard.
- All electrical appliances and leads to be regularly inspected by a qualified electrician for compliance with OH&S requirements and tagged accordingly.
- All gas bottles, appliances and lines to be regularly inspected by a qualified person for compliance with OH&S requirements and tagged accordingly.
Storage & Safety
- Cold/hot storage facilities to be provided.
- Appropriate Fire Extinguishers to be on hand.
Power Application Form
- A power application form must be completed which lists all appliances and total watts and amps required (see manager if you have not done so)
- Stallholders will be allocated power outlets so please do not plug in anywhere else.
- Stallholders not complying to the above will be disconnected.
- Stallholders can’t increase equipment/power use without prior application.
- An additional fee ($17) is applicable per power outlet.
- All power cords to be at least 3m above ground.
- All electrics to be regularly inspected by a qualified electrician for compliance with OH&S requirements and tagged accordingly. Untagged items will be disconnected until compliance.
- Any power cords found to be running hot or causing issues will be disconnected.
- Stallholders should carry appropriate safety equipment eg extinguishers etc.
- Stallholders to keep and maintain safety check log from electrician.
- As a Community event we ask everyone conduct themselves in a cordial and mutually respectful manner. Please work in a friendly way with your fellow stallholders for a smooth and pleasant transition.
- All stallholders are asked to follow the directions of market staff and always be respectful and fair in dealing with staff. They are doing their job and won’t tolerate any aggression.
- Any issues, disputes or grievances between stallholders or with BCM Management and/or Staff should be brought to the Managers attention immediately for resolution.
- Management will deny attendance to, or remove from the Market any stallholder behaving in a manner considered to be dangerous or offensive to the public or deemed to reflect badly on BCM’s reputation or contravenes BCM guidelines or is in breach of law.
If you wish to dispute a BCM Management decision you can do so by sending an email to:
Bellingen Shire Residents Association
Permanent Stallholders are required to attend each market. If they cannot for any reason they must advise prior to the Wednesday before the market. Failure to do so will result in a missed stall fee being charged when they return next market. Stallholders will lose permanent status if they don’t attend regularly.
Casual stallholders are expected to turn up when they have booked and confirmed. If they cant come they should email or ring to advise asap. If they don’t come to a few of their booked markets, they will be eventually placed on probation waiting list. It’s vital you let us know if you cant come, so others can have the site.
When you are a booked in permanent or casual, we reserve a site for you. BCM is popular receiving hundreds of bookings and when market is full, some go on a waiting list. If you don’t show up or let us know you cant come, your site is often left unused, leaving a big hole in the colourful flow and a missed opportunity for casual on waiting list. Trust you understand and advise you cant come 2-4 weeks before the market if you can. We understand if a stallholder is sick or had an emergency where no missed fee will be charged.
PLEASE where ever possible email or ring to advise if you can’t attend a market prior to the Wednesday before market, earlier if possible.
Please note BCM is an all weather market meaning it still goes ahead with a bit of rain. Permanent stallholders who don’t attend will be charged a missed stall fee at their next market.
BCM only cancels a market if public safety or the park grounds are at risk by proceeding.
If the market is cancelled our Facebook, webpage and phone message will carry the details.
It’s a good idea to LIKE our Facebook page to receive notifications.
If prevailing conditions on the day threaten to pose a potential risk to public or grounds, the gates will remain closed and after consultation with committee, staff and a few permanent stallholders, a decision will be made by the Market Manager no later than 7am.
If cancelled the market WILL NOT go ahead the following Saturday. It will fall on the next 3rd Saturday of the month.
No fees applies if a BCM has been cancelled, however if the decision is made to proceed and you choose not to attend, you will be recorded as a “no show” and be required to pay a missed stall fee at the next month’s market.
Wet Weather Policy
Unless threatened by extreme bad weather or the park is unsafe, Bello Markets will be on.
Final decision in regard to cancellation (due to bad weather or unsafe grounds) will be made on the morning of the market. The Market Manager will check ground conditions, consult the committee, staff and stallholders, prior to making a decision before 7am. This will depend on:
- Duration and volume of rainfall leading up to market and on morning.
- If it rains all night and morning before market with no respite, there is a high chance it will be cancelled because grounds will be flooded.
- If it rains for several days prior to market and becomes dry on Thurs/Fri before market, chances are it will be on.
- Raining on and off during week with a clear market day, it will be on.
If the water table is already high from previous downfalls, ground condition will be checked thoroughly, with chances of certain areas being closed or roped off. This means some stall sites will be repositioned.
Ground conditions play a major role in final decision. Public safety is our priority!
If cancelled the Manager will advise major radio stations and place notification on Facebook, Webpage and phone answering machine.
If cancelled our next market will be on the 3rd Saturday of the next month.
As an all weather market it’s vital stallholders provide their own weather protection such as sun and rain gear to make sure they are covered.
Waste & Recycling
BCM actively supports the environment, encouraging waste reduction and recycling through our Waste Management Scheme.
- Please only use recyclable containers, cups, straws, utensils etc and please encourage customers to dispose of these in the correct coloured bin.
- Cardboard boxes are to be flattened and taken to the bulk skip provided.
- Take home any large waste products (food stuffs) as we don’t have the capacity in our skips to take.
- Do not fill red and yellow bins around park with your waste.
- Disposal of grey water is your responsibility and must not be let run off into streams and watercourses within market grounds.
All stallholders are responsible for leaving their site clear and rubbish free before departing or a cleaning levy will be charged
- Sites are not the property of stallholders and cannot be bought, sold, hired, leased, rented or traded in any way
- The BCM Manager must be advised of any changes to product lines other than those originally noted on application form.
- No animals or livestock can be sold at BCM.
- No generators.
- Application for quiet generators to be submitted to BCM Manager
- No open fires.
Smile, have a great day and happy trading
The BCM Manager reserves the right to deny access to any stallholder on the grounds of product/service, safety, health, space restrictions within park or guidelines breach.
The BSRA reserves the right to alter times, sites, guidelines at little or no notice.